What can I do after the GEM Programme?
We know that progress doesn’t just stop after you’ve completed the GEM programme and we encourage our GEM alumni to keep in touch and be active and involved members of the Chartered institute of Housing. We’ve always working to find ways we can support you in your future career goals.
GEM Experienced Professional Route (EPR)
The GEM Programme is working in partnership with the CIH to offer GEMs the opportunity to progress to become a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing through the Experienced Professional Route.
Is Chartered Status for you?
Being a Chartered Member:
- Challenges you to accelerate your career progression
- Forces you to think about your role within the sector
- Allows you to demonstrate to employers and stakeholders your expertise and experience in the housing sector
- Evidences that you go above and beyond in your career development
- Provides you with an opportunity showcase your achievements to senior professionals
The course involves a written assignment and profession interview. Our unique approach provided action learning group support for GEMs, supported by experienced facilitators.
The course should be fully completed within 5-6 months to include time for an interview panel to be assembled following the successful completion of your assignment.
For more information on how we can support you please contact our GEM Programme leads Georgina or Natasha on: